Monday, November 16, 2009

What skin conditions are related to small red dots and expanding moles and freckles?

I've been gaining Freckles that seem to be expanding every few days I notice more freckles I never noticed before and they





I'm noticing a lot more really light dots, and the light dots usualkly get darker as time goes on. I was told they are just sun spots, it jus feels like I'll turn brown at this rate. Why the red spots that looks like blood just under the surface. very small. I havn't seen anything like it before...





I thought it might be cancer..





is it just sun spots or could it be something else?

What skin conditions are related to small red dots and expanding moles and freckles?
of course it could be anything, more than likely you have the kind of skin that you should really document your moles and whatever else is going on and see a dermatologist once a year. People with "lots" (over 100) of moles and fair skin and freckles are more prone to skin cancer--so you should be aware . My husband has this type of skin and gets about 4 moles whacked off every year and he has never had skin cancer but they always check for it and tell him to come back in one year. Some things to be concerned about in moles is


assymetry--not even or not a perfect circle


multi colored moles--especially with black in them


uneven edges --like a side that sort of fades into the skin


changes--any change in shape or color or size





this is not all inclusive. Also, don't get paranoid about it--we find weird moles and think for sure they are cancerous and it has turned out they are not. You probably want to see a dermatologist to get some better info and a diagnosis if needed.





On the other hand, I'm relatively dark skinned for a white person and when I was in my mid-30's I started noticing a few dark spots on my cheeks and legs and determined they are sun spots also known as age spots. But they are brown and not red. Dr. is not concerned about that. These seem to be more of a cosmetic issue if anything.
Reply:See a dermatologist ( skin doctor ) make sure its not serious


No comments:

Post a Comment