Saturday, April 24, 2010

What types of skin condition could cause the described after swimming in the Florida Coast's (Atlantic) Ocean?

About three months ago my family visited Jacksonville Beach, FL. Since swimming in the ocean, my brother has been suffering from a skin condition that the doctors around here can't seem to diagnose. It started small under his arm with red bumps (rash looking). Since then, three months later, it has spread from under his arm to his whole body. It is now even in his eye. When the skin is scratched or touched, the skin around the bumps will flare up and turn very red and stay that way for quite some time. Recently, the bumps have grown. Some 1-inch in diameter, looking like welts, and pussing and bleeding. And now it keeps pussing more and more in different areas causing my bro. to have to have a towl wrapped around his abdomin throughout the day. Since, obtaining this unknown-illness, he has been having problems breathing, also. He complains of itching and pain. He is 17, and overweight. I've spent an hour on google trying to find something, anything, but to no avail.Anyhelp appreciated!

What types of skin condition could cause the described after swimming in the Florida Coast's (Atlantic) Ocean?
I t sounds like sea lice to me. Ask the doctors if it could be sea lice. You can put meat tenderizer on your skin and it will help.





There is a site with a picture of what it looks like.





http://www.buysafesea.com/sea_lice.php?





I know it is awful, they got me one time.


No comments:

Post a Comment